Monday, March 16, 2009

How I Saved $240 in 15 Minutes !!!



Today, I was so inspired by what I was reading about lowering your home bills on one of my favorite blogs (Money Saving Methods), that I decided to quit reading about it and take some action. And boy am I glad I did!!
One of our expenses that drives me absolutely crazy is Dish Network. Don't get me wrong, I love having tv to watch when I want it and they have good service and everything. It's the bill that I hate. I just don't think it's worth $50 a month. But living where we live, satellite tv is our only option if we want anything at all.

So today I called and told them how I felt. I said I loved having the service but would have to switch providers if they could not lower my bill to match the promotional pricing of their competitor. That's all it took!

I get the same service but they lowered my bill by $20 a month for 12 months!! Not only that, but they gave me free HBO and Starz for 3 months just for adding my emaill address to my account!! And then by signing up for Autopay, they gave me Cinemax for one cent a month for 12 months!! One of the best parts is that you can have them schedule your future account change, so that they cancel HBO, Starz, and Cinemax before they start charging full price again.


In 15 minutes on the phone I saved my family $240 for the year! Not bad, if I say so myself.


So tomorrow I'm going to call the phone company to see what they can do. And you can bet that in 12 months when my Dish Network bill goes back up, I'll be calling again to see what kind of deal I can make.

To read more on how you can lower your home bills go to moneysavingmethods.com and click on Getting Started, scroll down until you see the section on family bills. Thanks so much Carrie for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment